Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wisconsin Cheddar and Broccoli

I definitely stole someones chair and made it my own. We don't have fancy chairs here, they are just like the crap chairs in the engineering computer labs or library. Well, you can get a fancy mesh chair, but you have to complain about how your back hurts, or something like that, or have more hay points then I do. For all of you keeping track, hay points are this stupid system that KC uses to describe someones rank in the company. When they put new jobs openings up there is a hay point cap, and you must be above the minimum to apply. It is a stupid corporate away to basically tell all the employees, "you must be this tall to be important..." but they still claim that all jobs are open to anyone in the company to apply for, until you get rejected because of your hay point position. I still think that I would have made a great CFO, even though I have almost no hay points or experience with finances. Whatever.

Back to my new chair. A guy I know here, named Greg, has this sweet red chair with a full back that I had never seen before. I sat in it once while he was gone, and it was heaven. The moment I sat in it, I knew what love was. Well, I would consider Greg a friendly co-worker, so I would never steal his chair; however, anyone else that has a beautiful red chair, will most likely lose it. As I was walking to my old lab near my office (its a lab, I call it an office, it has two doors, and four other occupants, but screw them, 2329 is my office bitch) and I passed by this row of cubicles that my supervisor, Tales, as I call him, used to sit; I noticed a glimmer of red. I walk by these cubicles every once and awhile, and this last cubicle is never occupied. The guy that lives there only comes in once a week to enter his time, but otherwise he is at one of the secret experimental facilities, yes they are secret, yes they do not have any markings on the buildings to designated them as part of the company, besides the nice lady at the front desk...who happens to be a trained assassin. Diapers are a serious business people. This information should confirm Lauren's theory that I am not a intern, but yet a secret agent...its true....anyways, so I stealthily rolled my loud as bulky chair over to this dudes cube, and POOF with a flash of smoke and light, I swapped chairs with him, and then rolled on back to my desk. Tales came over to say "what's up," and I informed him of my gallivanting, to which responded with unwavering consistency, "Niiiicccceeee, that's what we call a 'midnight acquisition'" Don't tell my love sac, but this chair is amazing.

get out of my face. six days til grand theft auto...get ready.

Daily LOL Cat:

No comments: