Thursday, April 17, 2008

I must retract my previous sentiments...

So I may or may not have said that the new Panic! at the Disco album was "meh" or something along those lines, but I'm going to be the bigger person and admit that I was wrong. Even though I wrote that, I have been listening to it non-stop for the last three weeks or so. It is so damn catchy and enjoyable. I hate to say it, but it is way better than their original stuff. When I said that the first two tracks have a modern day Sgt. Peppers feel to them I meant it, but I would like to extend that sentiment to the rest of the album, it is cohesive, telling a perfectly wound story with its sound. No song is out of place, all in the right order, building off of each other to create a seamless experience. If you have ever listened to anything by them you should definitely find a way to get this album...buy it, steal it, trade for it, compete for it, black-mail, pillage...I don't care, it is extremely enjoyable, and worth your money/effort. Their new album is called "Pretty Odd." Check it out.

No comments: