Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turkey and Wild Rice

Today marks the first repeat soup of the day, thankfully, the turkey and wild rice soup is quite good, and would be considered from my top five soups of the day...that is if I were asked to create such a list. It is of course no tomato basil, french onion, or five mushroom, but it at least has some substance unlike chicken noodle or noodle beef.


I have been waking up to a feeling urging my life in the direction of new and greater things. I have no idea what these new and greater things could be, but my current life feels stagnant and needs changing; however, such is the life of an intern. The impending spring and summer or incessant boredom at work are most likely the culprits for this emotion. I do not believe that I am alone in this feeling, since it is common for people my age to become dissatisfied with their current status. If we all looked back upon our lives thus far, I believe that there would be a bounty of unfulfilled and forgotten dreams that once entranced our minds and confounded reason. I wanted to be a fighter pilot the majority of my life, mainly because Top Gun was awesome, but also because it probably seemed so surreal and liberating to me as a kid. I even went as far as to look into going to the Air Force Academy, but the dream slowly dwindled. I then turned to wanting to be in politics, but that was pretty much based on my predilection for sitting and watching the West Wing. When I was still in high school I even thought about going to college for computer programming with hopes of programming video games one day. That is probably the closest to what I should have done, but I never did anything about it. There were many other great things that I dreamed about doing, but all of them are just dreams, nothing more. How did all of those hopes fall short and turn into engineering and law school? I have experienced engineering, well as much as you can consider what I am doing as engineering, and I don't really like it. I have experienced some patent law, and while it is interesting, could I sustain my happiness doing it for the rest of my life? Can I remain happy with a large paycheck and a busy job? Is money all I need to facilitate my happiness? The truth of the matter is that I have no idea what will make me happy. In addition to that, I still don't have a complete grip on what I want to do with my life, but yet I am expected to act accordingly, play the part of a man, and get my plans figured out. Would it be impossible to just say screw you to engineering and become a beat writer for a baseball team, or becoming a video game journalist? As I sit here by myself in Appletown, these are the questions that run through my head as I joyously run through an imaginary world in my television, shooting enemies with my friends ... I just have to find something I love.
a

Speaking of things I love, I officially reserved a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV, so I can now pick it up at 12:00 am on April 29th, paid in full...it should be expected that I will take a sick day on the 29th...

I'm still excited for summer, get ready.
a
Daily LOL Cat:



No comments: