Friday, March 21, 2008

Manhattan Clam Chowder

Good morning. I have spent the majority of the morning cursing the existence of the Omega Data Acquisition system. This thing sucks. Not only does it come with the most obscure manual, which i have reason to believe was put together by a team of dyslexic hippos, but when i'm trying to sense temperature, it only will read voltage. Seriously. In frustration I ate an entire sleeve of thin mints...that weighs in at around 6 bucks in calories...yay...

I haven't heard from best buy, I'm calling this afternoon to bust some heads in. I mean they have my email address, but no, that is impossible for them.

I am continuing my journey down memory lane by listening extensively to The Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. The 90s were good.

if you anything about how to find patents for salt-triggerable polymers, please let me know.

yesterday was a good day. Marquette finally won a first round game in the tourney for the first time since 2003 when we went to the final four...maybe a repeat this year if we can beat Stanford...i could see us ending up facing Mich. St. because they will most likely hand Memphis a loss, and I could see us getting some confidence and beating Texas as well. A lot of things have to go right, but hey...it could happen. I mean if Pitt is the trendy pick for winning the entire tourney, and Marquette destroyed Pitt earlier...who says we can't do it again. Also, the one thing i hate about Wisconsin is the badgers. I watched their game last night, and i was so frickin bored...they are just not that good. I can see why all their games are so low scoring, they simply lull their opponents to sleep with their slow tedious play... I hate Wisconsin basketball, and especially Bo Ryan....if I have to hear one more ESPN commentator say that Bo Ryan is a genius and all that crap...makes me want to jump off a cliff. It makes you realize how all sports commentators on ESPN are just talking heads that say ridiculous things. Speaking of which, Dick Vitale needs to just stop talking....if anyone remembers Vitale tore Bruce Pearl up saying that he ruined his career by reporting bad recruitment actions awhile before he coached UWM, but now that Pearl has a good team in Tenn. Vitale can't stop preaching about how awesome Pearl is...he is so annoying....and now he is a spokesperson for Hooters. Way to go Vitale.

I'm definitely looking forward to a night of video games, and college basketball...although besides the davidson/gonzaga game, i have no real interest in any of the games. Maybe i'll just finish Rainbow Six: Vegas. I've been feeling the urge to get some achievement points. I played last night for awhile, and it was fun. Finally got to kill this terrorist leader I have been chasing so far...turns out that she isn't the main person...but she is dead, so the mission is a success so far.


No comments: